This is a recipe from CTM’s step-mom. K’s Fruit and Fiber Bars are lowfat and full of fiber. They’re VERY sweet, but I’m sure you can cut back on that a bit…
These are addictive. They’re healthy. They’re lowfat. What’s not to like? I’ve used dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries, apricots, figs, raising, currants, golden raisins. The sky is the limit in the type of fruit you can use.
I usually cut them into large bars (about 16 for the pan) or you can cut them into smaller bars for more dessert sized cookies.
K's Fruit and Fiber Bars
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter spray (like Parkay)
- 1 cup oat bran
- 3 cup oatmeal (I've used both old fashioned and quick)
- 3 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. It might be necessary to use a watered spatula or wet your hands and spread evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until brown around the edges.
Amount Per Serving Calories 279Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 41gProtein 3g
Leave a Reply