This is a recipe from CTM’s step-mom. K’s Fruit and Fiber Bars are lowfat and full of fiber. They’re VERY sweet, but I’m sure you can cut back on that a bit…
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter spray (like Parkay)
- 1 cup oat bran
- 3 cup oatmeal (I've used both old fashioned and quick)
- 3 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. It might be necessary to use a watered spatula or wet your hands and spread evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until brown around the edges.
Amount Per Serving Calories 279Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 41gProtein 3g