These delicious Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp are loaded with garlic and buttery goodness. I don’t know about you, but I’m drooling.
Da-da-da-duuuun Da-da-dun-dun-da-dun dun-dun dun-dun Da-da-da-da-dun-da-duuun Are ya ready for some footbaaaaaaaaaaaaall!! *snickers*
It’s Game Day!! We have an AMAZING line up of team dishes for you to nosh on while watching the BIG GAME! Like these shrimp.
I’ve been on a bit of a lemon kick lately. I don’t know what it is. They just smell so yummy and are even more tasty; especially when paired with shrimp. These shrimp. And some garlic, some bay leaves, some butter. Drooling yet?
What is lemon bay pan roasted shrimp?
I think I’ve told this story before, but S and I were sitting at a Wegman’s counter and had some shrimp that were to die for. The key? Chicken broth, lemon and bay leaves. LOTS of bay leaves. I never in a million years would have thought to pair bay leaves with shrimp.
Ever since then, I have. Even when boiling I add some lemon and bay leaves. It’s that “what is that flavor” element most will not be able to recognize and just makes them so very tasty.
S and I don’t do a lot for game day. We’ll have regular lunch and dinner. I don’t think we’ll even have nibbles. We just don’t. If were having a party or attending a party, I’m sure we’d have meatballs, wings, veggies, cheese, chips, dip, and all that good stuff.
But for just us? It’s a waste. I may get some wings and just try my hand at baking some to see how they go, but not many. Our Sundays are usually pretty much planned no matter what’s going in the sports world.
Ya know, I just may make some dip to go with our chips. That would be good….chips, dip and maybe a few wings. And these shrimp. These delicious lemon bay shrimp are loaded with garlic and buttery goodness. I don’t know about you, but I’m drooling.
These delicious Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp are loaded with garlic and buttery goodness. I don't know about you, but I'm drooling.
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 whole bay leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low. Add butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the lemon zest, garlic, and crushed bay leaves. Continue to cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally, until the garlic starts to turn a light brown.
- Place the shrimp in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn the shrimp over and drizzle the lemon juice over them.
- Roast in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes more or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with some crostini or nice, crusty bread to sop up all that flavorful buttery, garlicky-, lemon juicy, broth.
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 167mgSodium 789mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 17g